Vision of Neighborhood Revitalization
Grant County and Ulysses is a great community in which to live and work. Over time, however, our community has faced challenges: aging public infrastructure, aging housing, increasing code violations and other issues. The County Commissioners, Mayor and City Council are committed to improving conditions in neighborhoods facing such challenges by focusing services and programs on comprehensive improvements and combining the strengths of the community with the resources of the community.
Neighborhood revitalization incentives are available to encourage property owners to reinvest in their properties and improve neighborhoods in an effort to continue Grant County's reputation as a safe, attractive and friendly community. Property owners within the established neighborhood revitalization boundaries may apply for the program.
The legal description of the boundaries include the City of Ulysses and the three mile area surrounding the city limits.
Tax Rebate Eligibility Criteria:
- Property must be located within the Neighborhood Revitalization Plan.
- An application must be on file with the County Appraiser's Office prior to construction.
- A building permit is required for all NRP improvements.
- A minimum increase of $5,000 in County Appraiser's appraised value directly resulting from a qualified improvement.
- All real estate taxes must be current.
- Improvements must conform to all zoning and building codes and rules.
Applications may be obtained from the County Appraiser's Office located at 108 S. Glenn, Ulysses, KS 67880 or by calling 620-356-3362